Works on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge across two or more specialized user experience domains. Works as an individual contributor, project leader, or internal consultant.
- Ability to multitask across multiple projects multiple projects in a cross-functional environment
- Participates in team discussions relative to current user experience projects
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of Agile / Lean UX methodologies
- Researches and evaluates emerging design, technology, industry, and market trends.
- Guides effective documentation and communication of design – via wireframes, mockups, and requirements engineering
- Facilitate user experience design collaborations with individuals and teams from other disciplines
- Report on project status, issues, and risks. Identify and mitigate UX risks on projects
- Interface with UI implementation teams to ensure correct realization of UI prototypes
- Understands how to leverage design systems for designing and building applications
- Strong working knowledge of principles of Web and application design (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Collaboratively leads user research, concept testing, and usability testing by utilizing various methodologies, and a variety of user research methods to develop an understanding of user needs
- Creates annotated prototypes or wireframes of user interface designs that visually and textually communicate the behavior of a software application.
- Use storyboards/narrative/wireframes/prototypes of varying fidelity to express how a product or service should behave to deliver capabilities in a way that supports user needs, goals, and workflows.
- Conduct design validation sessions with users and stakeholders to reveal deep insights about user/business needs and technical constraints to determine how a design should be evolved and refined
- Demonstrates knowledge of business’ structure (P&Ls) and the interplay of functions to support business goals.
- Understands the competitive landscape, regulatory marketing, etc. Articulates clearly the main industry dynamics.
- Understands key principles of design thinking, what it is and why it is important. Explores all ideas, regardless of their source.
- Works to create an understanding of how individual people and things fit within larger structures (like systems or organizations), as well as the relationships between parts of a system and the system as a whole.
- Assists with or creates basic project plans for UX projects or the UX portion of a larger development project. Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives.
- 3+ years as a UX/UI designer or similar role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent design-related field.
- Experience seeing designs through to implementation.
- Basic understanding of HTML & CSS.
- Willingness to learn new processes.
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong visual and UX/UI design.
What We’ve got (that you can’t find out on the internet)
- We’re nice people. Seriously. Some of the most ego-less and collaborative people you’ll find in this business.
- We don’t work in silos. We thrive on collaboration, both internally and externally.
- We’re always looking to learn. From our peers, from the competitors, and from our clients, we’re always looking for what’s coming next.
- We take our work seriously but believe weekends, vacations, and thinking space outside the office make you better at your job, not worse.