Motion Graphics Designer
You are a fresh creative thinker, with a passion for design in all media and a love of making things. You’re a collaborator adept at leveraging and working with every discipline to deliver compelling user experiences for Rewards Network’s websites, interactive mediums, emails, and other communications including offline for a range of partners and clients. You’re a true talent at concepting and evolving your design projects, estimating and managing timelines, and ensuring everything you deliver is of the utmost quality.
This position relies heavily on strengths in visual design, brand management, and email marketing strategies and best practices. You’ll work in a creative environment collaborating with the Creative & UX Manager, designers, copywriters, email developers, and front-end developers. With your amazing conceptual and design skills, you will not only generate visionary ideas and the visuals to go with them, you will actually bring them to digital life.
- Under the direction of the Creative & UX Manager, you will work on several projects at a time, will be involved in all phases of creative development, and you may also be responsible for planning and executing portions of projects independently or in conjunction with copywriters and UX designers. Work with the agency clients to develop designs and campaigns that influence target audiences for partner, member, and client marketing initiatives (e.g., encourage enrollment, activation, utilization).
- Develop and execute innovative concepts and design solutions for web design (including responsive), promotional landing pages, microsites, banner advertising, emails, print, video, and social media; create and update optimized image assets for appropriate navigation elements, images, and rollovers using various imaging tools and styles.
- Apply brand identity systems, typography, photography, color, and other ingredients appropriately to create innovative visual solutions that meet business and user needs; develop additional creative enhancements.
- Display excellent presentation skills, and the ability to give an articulate and compelling rationale for the presented subject matter and creative materials
- Manage multiple assignments simultaneously within established timeframes and maintain an awareness of status and project deliverables.
- Attend creative input meetings to help develop creative strategies and implement all creative requirements.
- Respond to agency client’s input to review and refine creative approaches and seek out and help define new creative possibilities for member and client engagements.
- Develop and maintain consistently high graphics standards, be aware of and remain current with new design/industry trends and techniques in graphic arts and design, and disseminate such information to others within the Creative team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in advertising, design, graphic design, or related field required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience of interactive design experience in a web-focused creative department (agency or client-side).
- Experience creating designs for B2B and consumer-facing websites, emails, and mobile applications or equivalent combination of education and experience in the design/advertising field.
- Expert skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, and InDesign a must. ActionScript a plus.
- Advanced experience with video and animation use on the web and mobile devices.
- Strong motion, interactive, and mobile design skills.
- Up-to-date with current design trends, specifically in the interactive media space.
- Strong, persuasive, and engaging presenter of your own and others’ ideas.
- User interface/design experience a plus.
- A strong online portfolio and/or a list of URLs and an explanation of your involvement in each project required for consideration.
What We’ve got (that you can’t find out on the internet)
- We’re nice people. Seriously. Some of the most ego-less and collaborative people you’ll find in this business.
- We don’t work in silos. We thrive on collaboration, both internally and externally.
- We’re always looking to learn. From our peers, from the competitors, and from our clients, we’re always looking for what’s coming next.
- We take our work seriously but believe weekends, vacations, and thinking space outside the office make you better at your job, not worse.