Think branding doesn’t impact your company’s bottom line? Think again.
Branding is the personality that identifies a company, product or service to its customers. It has the authority to impact consumer awareness, customer loyalty, and ultimately, revenue. From a customer’s perspective, branding says a lot about your business because it formulates their complete experience with both the product and the company.
Done right, branding can give your customers an unforgettable experience while being disruptive in the marketplace – just look at Apple and Amazon.
15 Branding Stats You Should Know
The importance of branding should never be underestimated. Here are 15 eye-popping stats about branding you need to know:
1. A signature color can boost brand recognition by 80 percent – Color Matters
Branding colors are critically important when building a lasting company image, and this is an excellent example why.
2. 72 percent of marketers say branded content is more effective than advertising in a magazine – Business2Community
Learn who your audience is and give them what they want. Great brand marketing will ensure your audience remembers who you are.
3. A 2016 survey found that 94 percent of all consumers are more likely to be loyal to a brand when it commits to full transparency – LabelInsight
Honesty is always the best policy, and that’s especially true when it comes to building customer loyalty.
4. 80 Percent of consumers said “authenticity of content” is the most influential factor in their decision to become a follower of a brand – SlideShare
Credibility is essential in developing a strong customer experience. Make sure written content is accurate and sourced correctly.
- READ MORE: The Ultimate Guide to Inbound Marketing
5. 77 percent of B2B marketing leaders say branding is critical to growth – Circle Research
A company’s brand marketing is its most valuable asset when it comes to business-to-business marketing.
6. One-third (33 percent) of the top 100 brands use the color blue in their logo – Zuza
The color blue is generally used to create a sensation of security and trust, which is particularly important for companies that operate solely online. This infographic highlights the importance of branding colors.
7. Companies with blogs produce 67 percent more leads per month than companies who don’t have a blog. In fact, blogs account for 434 percent more of indexed pages on Google – Demand Metric
It literally pays to have consistent content flowing through your website’s veins. Just make sure it’s not completely composed of self-promotion.
8. Although consumers form a first impression of a brand’s logo within 10 seconds, it takes 5-7 impressions for consumers to remember the logo – Action Card
First impressions are everything, especially with a newer company. Don’t blow it.
9. When it comes to Millennials, 62 percent believe that online content drives their loyalty to a brand. Furthermore, if you want to gain brand loyalty from Millennials, it’s vital to share that content social media – Insights.newscred
It’s imperative to utilize social media marketing in today’s digital age. It’s also critical your businesses align its marketing efforts to the correct social media platforms.
10. Almost 90 percent of marketers say their social marketing efforts have increased exposure for their business, and 75 percent say they’ve increased traffic. However, only 32 percent of small businesses invest in social media marketing – Social Media Examiner, 2016
Social media marketing isn’t a fad, nor is it hopeless for smaller businesses. Whether a major corporation or startup, the need to utilize social media in branding is imperative to both exposure and growth.
11. There are 2.1 million negative social mentions about brands every single day in the US – Action Card
Pay attention to what people are saying about you online. Bad branding and marketing can definitely have a negative influence on your customer’s experience.
12. 4x as many customers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it. Additionally, almost 50 percent of Internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store – Hubspot
Video marketing continues to grow in popularity with online viewers and shoppers alike. Utilize it to your advantage.
- READ MORE: 5 Reasons to Hire an Agency VS In-House Team
13. 45 percent of people surveyed by BuzzStream said they would unfollow a brand on social media if their platform is dominated by “too much” self-promotion
Sell benefits, not your company. Answer this question: “What can we do to make your life easier?”
14. 70-80 percent of consumers ignore ads on the sides of websites or search results. The reasoning? Consumers find those ads to be less trustworthy – Gfk Insights Blog
Unfortunately, you can’t buy a customer’s trust.
15. 91 percent of people say ads are more intrusive today than two years ago – Hubspot
Brand marketing is an art, not a machine. Your advertisements should be compelling, not presumptuous.
Branding Stats: The Importance Explained
Whether a marketer, business owner, or president of a Fortune 500 company, the proof is in the pudding when it comes to branding. These jaw-dropping stats confirm it’s true.